Last Updated: 3/15/2023
SKYBELL is a registered trademark of SkyBell Technologies IP, LLC and may not be used without the permission of SkyBell Technologies IP, LLC or SkyBell Technologies, Inc.
Information We Collect
In connection with providing our website, products and services, and mobile applications, we collect the following types of information:
- First name, last name, email addresses, phone numbers, and mailing address;
- Internet protocol (IP) address;
- Device name/ID;
- Home wireless SSID;
- The geolocation of your mobile device(s) or our devices when you have enabled these features;
- Account information you submit if you open an account with us including login details and passwords;
- Data and analytics information regarding your use and interactions with our website and mobile applications
- Information you submit if you apply for employment with us such as your resume;
- Information you voluntarily submit to us through our website or mobile applications;
- Content that is recorded using our devices such as video and audio content which may include recording individual persons’ facial features and voices and movements or other aspects of the surrounding environment.
Privacy laws and other regulations and laws in your state, country, or jurisdiction may impose other obligations or responsibilities on you and your use of our devices. You agree and acknowledge that it is your responsibility, and not SBT’s responsibility, to ensure your compliance with any such applicable laws or regulations when you use our recording devices such as, for example, laws or regulations: (a) regarding the recording or sharing of video or audio content; (b) requiring that you give notice or obtain consent from third parties with respect to your use of our devices (for example, laws or regulations requiring that you display conspicuous signs or notices informing third parties that you may be recording them in some manner); and (c) requiring that use of any devices which record video or audio content be installed in a particular manner such that it does not record beyond your own property’s boundaries or if your use of such device is in a place of employment that you comply with laws regarding the monitoring or recording of employees and/or providing notice to such employees that they are being recorded. In the event you provide any other person’s personal information to us through our website, devices, or mobile applications, you represent and warrant that you will do so in compliance with any other applicable privacy laws and that you are not providing the information for any improper purpose.
Cookies and Data We Collect
- Type of device connected to our website or mobile application;
- Clickstream data;
- Dates and times of website or mobile app visits;
- Language preferences;
- Device characteristics or web browser type; and
- Usage data pertaining to our devices purchased by you.
This information is aggregated and used to improve our products and services or provide more useful products and services to our customers by helping us understand how are devices, website, and mobile applications are used. We may also display this information publicly or provide it to others, however, we do not disclose personally-identifying information.
If you send us a support request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish the non-personally identifiable parts of it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Secure Credit Card Transactions
When you purchase products from us or subscribe to our services, you may be required to provide financial information such as your credit card information. We use third-party payment processors that collect your credit card information in order to bill you for our products and services. We do not store or maintain your credit card information in our servers or information systems. However, your credit card information is protected and encrypted and Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology is used as your information is transmitted over the Internet by our payment processors.
The Purposes for Which We Collect and Use Your Information
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you and our users with our products and services or information they request from us;
- To provide assistance or support to our customers and users for our products and services and to keep them informed of the same;
- To allow our customers to create user accounts with us and for us to maintain those accounts;
- To process orders or other transactions requested by our customers and users;
- To market our products and services to customers or to send them content personalized to them;
- To respond to your inquiries or requests for help or assistance;
- To help you customize and personalize your experience and usage of our products and services;
- To perform analytics and conduct research on the use of our products and services so that we may improve them;
- To manage employment opportunities with our company including determining new hires or onboarding of employees;
- To fulfill legal obligations we are subject to, whether by law, court order, or other legal process; and
- In any other ways for which we provide notice to you and, if required by law, obtain your consent.
How We Share Information We Collect
We may share statistical or aggregated non-personal information about our users with advertisers, business partners, sponsors and other third parties. This data is used to customize our website or mobile application content and advertising to deliver a better experience to our users.
We may disclose your personal information (1) when required to do so by law or legal process (e.g., a court order or subpoena); (2) to assert, exercise or defend our legal rights; (3) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (4) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (5) otherwise with your consent. If our company, in whole or in part, is ever sold or any of its assets transferred in any manner, including in the case of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation, your personal information may be transferred to another entity.
We reserve the right to disclose users’ personal information in special cases, when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other SBT website users or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose personal information without notice to you in response to a subpoena or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or to respond to an emergency situation.
Your Rights and Choices Regarding Your Information
Retention of Information
We keep and store your personal information to allow you to continue to use our products and services, for as long as it is required to fulfill any purposes for which collected such information, as permitted or required by law, or as otherwise communicated to you. For example, certain video and audio content recorded by you using our products or devices are stored by us in your account for different periods of time depending on the type of account you have with us.
If you choose to exercise any of your privacy rights as stated above, we will not discriminate against you in any manner for doing so.
Removal from SkyBell Lists
Linked Sites and Services of Third Parties
How We Keep Your Information Secure
We use secure systems and administrative, physical, and technical controls to keep your information secure and prevent any unlawful or unauthorized disclosure, use, loss, or access to it. Unfortunately, the Internet is not 100% secure at all times. Therefore, notwithstanding all of the precautions we take to keep your information secure, we cannot guarantee that your use of our website, devices, or mobile applications will be secure at all times. We therefore advise you to be careful in providing your information to others, do not disclose your login credentials for your account(s) with us to anyone, and be sure to log off any computers or devices you use to access your account(s) with us if such computers or devices are used by other persons. We will not be responsible for the loss or unauthorized use of your personal information or unauthorized use of or access to your account(s) caused by your failure to keep your login credentials or other confidential information secure.
Attn: General Counsel
SkyBell Technologies, Inc.
1 Jenner, Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92618
California residents click here to learn how we process information in accordance with California law.